3.08.2015

When Economics met History

As previously noted, I am enrolled in a graduate history seminar covering the U.S. in the 19th century. Since I'm an economist, I'm sometimes able to tackle topics specific to my passion, economic history, but I'm not always so  lucky. Since the start of the year, I have been using this blog space to review and respond to several books I've read in the class. This will continue over the next six weeks, and as the class comes to a close, I will be be blogging about my term paper over the black markets that slaves created as the nation marched ever closer to Emancipation. From an economic perspective, the risk profiles of blacks were changing and thus many chose to use the uncertainty to their own economic advantage.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY BLOG and please continue to peruse and comment as you always have! All posts pertaining to the History 588 seminar and related readings are tagged 'PhD.'


Economics continues to be personal and practical, even in graduate school!



dls

No comments:

Post a Comment