1.24.2015

What to Expect in 2015

This isn't a blog on economic indicators. I have no insider knowledge on when gas prices will rise again (or fall precipitously) or of the effect of immigration reform on national economic growth (great question), or if you should buy or sell bonds (I've been selling...poor choice).



Rather, for the purposes of my goals as an economist, I've got to jump back on the blogging horse.

I've submitted myself to the suicidal idea of getting a PhD in economics. Again. However, this time I am privileged to get a start of some cool research early on in my program at Rice University.

If you know me or my work, then you know I'm motivated by studying the economic decisions of black and brown folks both at home and abroad. You also know I'm a teacher. You probably don't know that I'm fascinated with economic history.

So in 2015, look for more posts, more regularly, and more regular posts with the economic history label, as I am pushing through a graduate seminar in 19th Century America, alongside Macroeconomics 2, Game Theory and Econometrics 2.

The latter 3 will never be personal or practical. Just theoretical. But this history class should prove to be both and much more.



Personal, practical economics. For everyone. In 2015 and beyond.

dls

No comments:

Post a Comment